HOW WE PLEASE GOD, part 1
As we roll back to our verse by verse study, now one week old, of Hebrews 11 (the Faith Chapter), we arrive at verse 6. Many of us want to please God in our own way. While this is a worthwhile goal (pleasing God), there is NO WAY we can do it in our own strength...nor should we.
We can only please God, His Way! This can only be accomplished the way He chooses. The reason is - He is God and we are not! Hebrews 11:6 says " And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him".
Other religions of "faiths" are things where human beings either "do" or "don't do"....you either have to meditate and beat up yourself and find peace in things and creation, while navel gazing (buddhism) to reach the next level of consciousness or you have to perform for some idol.
This verse will take us at least three days of devotional examination to fully grasp. But for today, let's think on these:
- Faith is a gift from the Only One True God in Heaven.
- Faith can only be given to a heart that is repentant, broken and open to the the Savior Jesus Christ.
- Faith is a result of the Grace of God to an open willing heart like this.
- Faith, once received by the penitent heart, is really simple.
- Faith requires nothing more than your obedience to the Spirit of Christ, once His Simplicity and Majesty is revealed after we have died to ourselves, been reborn in Him and then baptized into new life - the life victorious, already won at the Cross.
It is really a simple matter. Jesus said "come to me all who are weak and heavy laden and I will give you rest....take my yoke...my burden is easy".
In order to please God we have to grasp several concepts and the main one is the comprehension of what Faith really is. God is so amazing, we should not try to understand His omnipotence in one bite....but meditate on the Food of His simple Truth.....thus begins the process of Pleasing Holy God!
Are you ready??!!
READ MORE HERE ON FAITH BY AMY WALEN
(image courtesy BING images)