This Thursday February 28 is the Annual Collegiate Day of Prayer across America. Many of us have signed up to pray for more than one college. As men and women of prayer, we encourage every praying Christian to take this challenge up to really pray hard for our young people in college.
If there ever was a time to pray for our kids in college and high school it is now. Everything ungodly and unwholesome is aligned against them. From indoctrination into the denying the existence of Creator God through Evolution, to deny the Commands of God for specific roles and functions of the human body in holiness, sexuality, daily and contented living, our next generation are being confused on purpose, while being taught that there is no such thing as absolute truth or one true God.
- 70% of college age kids who grew up in church, and/or Christian homes lose their faith in college (Campus Renewal 2017)
- 47% of young people/millennials and college kids, think that sharing their faith is wrong! (Barna February 2019)
- Only 33% of so-called “evangelical” young people (high school and college) believe Jesus is the only way to Heaven! (Christian Post 2013)
What to pray for on the Collegiate Day of Prayer:
- The salvation of the souls of these young people in our college. The majority are oblivious to the facts of the brevity of life or heaven and a literal hell, which will be overpopulated if they ignore the facts.
- That campus ministries be allowed to flourish, even in some of the Midwest and friendly western states which still believed in the US Constitution of freedom of Assembly and Religious Liberty.
- That churches around our campuses will invest time and effort and outreach to college age young people as is done in North West Arkansas. Cross Church, formerly First Baptist Church of Springdale, invested in a campus pastor – Brian Mills – who has devoted his home and his life to the current and next generations of college kids, not just from America but from ALL nations, at the University of Arkansas. Pray for more men like Pastor Mills.
- Pray for mentors to step up and reach out to these young people - men and women, mentoring young men and young women respectively.
- Pray for a renewed love of the Savior by those who grew up in church but walked away, as well as those who are yet to encounter Christ.
- Pray for the Word of God - the Bible - to be distributed into the hands of every college student in America, and that they will read, comprehend and find comfort and salvation in God's Word
Post a Comment