A 22 PART 21st CENTURY LOOK @ #PSALM 119Anyone who tells you they have never been tempted, in the worse way, to sin and knowingly cross the line, is either lying or six feet under in the graveyard. In times where up is down, wrong is right and there seems to be no red line this corrupt group alive today will apparently not disrespect. We see it everywhere. We see young beautiful female teachers, who spend years studying, and hundreds of thousands of dollars in college fees, throw it all away for illicit lust. We see godless filthy from Hollywood that is so horrible. What they do not comprehend is fifty shades of hell….is still hell. We see institutions of education and even churches misuse their God-given privileges – and they are given by God – to misinform and corrupt God’s children under their care. They do so, under the guise of being "relevant" to the culture and do "outreach"....whatever that means.
While there is an eternal price to pay for these iniquities by the godless, there is a paradigm which stands like the Statue of Liberty before the Christian woman and man. This is one which if applied as directed, not just heals and protects us, but results in delight! Yes! Delight in your life, my life and delight in the Giver of Life – Yahweh.
This is – W.A. – the Word Applied. To comprehend how deadly powerful W.A. is, just ask the devil. He tempted Jesus three times in thedesert, when Jesus was at His physical weakest and hungry and thirsty as a man.He tempted the God Who became man with money, power, riches and more power. Thedevil threw the kitchen sink and all the plumbing at the Lord in the desert.Each time, Jesus knocked the devil flat with the Word of God. Each time, evil and temptation were defeated by the Pure and Powerful Word of God.
The child of God already HAS the ability and is thoroughly capable of staying the course on the straight and narrow. Not just that, we can do so fearlessly and without guilt and with joy….and all this because we obeyed Malachi 2:15 (Guard our hearts).
Check this – the devil not just knows our weaknesses and deficiencies, he knows how to exploit them. If we are exposing ourselves to attack by sneaking a little sin here, and another little one there, pretty soon, he is going to set us up – big league. Even the mightiest preacher has to guard against pride, even if he does not do these things. God tells us to hide His Word in our hearts. That means we have to not just read and comprehend but remember it! The section of Psalm 119 which we now progress to, speaks directly to this issue, as we see here in verses 9-16:
9 How can a young man keep his way pure?
By keeping it according to Your word.
10 With all my heart I have sought You;
Do not let me wander from Your commandments.
11 Your word I have treasured in my heart,
That I may not sin against You.
12 Blessed are You, O Lord;
Teach me Your statutes.
13 With my lips I have told of
All the ordinances of Your mouth.
14 I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies,
As much as in all riches.
15 I will meditate on Your precepts
And regard Your ways.
16 I shall delight in Your statutes;
I shall not forget Your word.
- Note from verse 9, that righteous living can only come from living according to the BIBLE - the very living, breathing Word of God.
- Seeking God is NOT a one time act (verse 10). The inspired writer "sought"...and kept on seeking. This is true meaning of the original language.
- Seeking in the past as prologue, is NOT the only action the man or woman of God needs to have DONE in the past, but need to keep doing. In verse 11, we see we have had to TREASURED in the past and continue to treasure the Bible and its specific commands from Heaven, with every fiber of our being.
- To have sought and continue to see...to have treasured and continue to regard as priceless and needfully so....bring immediate results...and will continue! In verse 14, we note that seeking and treasuring lead to REJOICING! Not just that, but it is an active joy that happened when we did the seeking and treasuring and then God guarantees that we will have joy. Not just that, but the word riches in this verse tells us the joy therein, is: oh so dear and divine!
- Finally, because of the three actions we have just, we are in desperate need of making two significant promises and life-transforming Covenants with God. One, we promise to not just study in depth the Commands of the Commander in Chief of Heaven's Armies, but to "regard" or pay special personal attention to them (verse 15). Secondly, because we have studied and held God is such esteem, we cannot afford the sheer happiness, peace, joy and feeling of well-being we have! It is something we will never lose sight of, forget or walk away from (verse 16)!
This is how we fight the fire of temptation and evil in this world. We do so with the Bible. We do so with confidence. We do so fully backed by the verifiable true and powerful promise of God, the great Giver of Life and all things. Amen.
Post a Comment