FIVE DAYS OF PRAYER (SUNDAY MAY 3- THURSDAY MAY 7, 2015)
1 Sing for joy in the Lord, O you righteous ones;
Praise is becoming to the upright.
2 Give thanks to the Lord with the lyre;
Sing praises to Him with a harp of ten strings.
3 Sing to Him a new song;
Play skillfully with a shout of joy.
4 For the word of the Lord is upright,
And all His work is done in faithfulness.
5 He loves righteousness and justice;
The earth is full of the lovingkindness of the Lord.
6 By the word of the Lord the heavens were made,
And by the breath of His mouth all their host.
7 He gathers the waters of the sea together as a heap;
He lays up the deeps in storehouses.... (Psalm 33:1-7)
Nothing defines the authentic nature of God's people than their unabashed love and worship of Creator God and the Father, Who art in Heaven. The sheer joy which emanates from a soul set free into liberty, from the bondage of sin and despair, should be enough to light up the dark night of any soul or group of souls.
In this world, the saints of God have trials, tribulations and trying times which test men's souls, it is imperative that the ones whom Jesus found as captives and blind guides and pulled the scales off that we may see, began to praise Him for that reason alone. The Lord Jesus said that we should not fear those who will kill, steal and behead like their father the devil, but fear He Who has the ability to cast body and soul into hell. The righteous ones mentioned in the Psalm have been saved from the fires of hell and for that reason alone - we praise Him.
Then we shout, sing, share and saturate everything with pure unimaginable joy at the Jesus the Messiah Who rescued us. Joy is not temporary happiness. Joy is a state of being and as we come into a period where an entire nation is focused on praying together on one day, we do not get bogged down by the burden of evil times, but we rest in the blessed assurance and Shalom that we live 24/7 from just been made right, justified and fully brought into the Kingdom of His Marvelous Light!
This alone should fuel, fire up and inhabit our prayers today, tomorrow and the rest of our lives as verse two says "GIVE THANKS". So as we pray about the deep heavy things on our hearts today and from now on, let them not dampen our shalom and joy in the journey with Jesus. But let us use these truths of His amazing work in our lives to marvel and abide in His all powerful, mighty Work and what Scripture describes as His attributes.
ACTION POINTS TODAY (AND ALWAYS):
- Sing, literally sing to the Lord about His Power and Might.
- Dedicate every fiber of your being and all of your life and mine, to praising Him.
- Be intentional about sharing this Joy with as many as possible as the days are short. Why? Because He is a good good God!
- He is a Just and Righteous God, praise Him for that.
- His Mercies never fail, they are new RIGHT now and if it were not for His Grace and mercy, we would be in eternal punishment and damnation. Thank Him for this truth.
- Because He is Loving, Merciful, Compassionate but the Judge of all, He will hand out justice, but He will not violate His oaths, His Word or His Promises. Therefore claim His promises, read them back to Him from His Word, ask Him to cover and deliver you and in His Truthful Authentic Omnipotent Way, He will stand by His Word and His Promises!
- His Word is written in the Heavens, in our hearts and in 66 books of the Bible. This is all we need in this life because we could never stop mining the depths and wonderful waters of its truths. Stand on His Word, love it and let it be like honey to the taste.
- Oh taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the man and woman and child, who trusteth in Him.
Post a Comment